Monday 8 August 2016

Monday's Mending Pile

Yes, it is a time for another episode of boring sewing. It is easy to ignore the mending pile when this is my least favourite type of sewing but it has come to a point where I really shouldn't ignore it anymore.  


This pink dress was neglected for too long. It is too hot outside to wear this right now but since discovering the fusible bias tape makes sewing hems easy, I really had no excuse to neglect it any longer.  


Once I had it fused into place, it was time to take it to the sewing machine. And this proved to be a challenge.


My polyester thread kept breaking.


Over and over again. It might have been a sign to remind me not to sit down at the sewing machine too long and that I should elevate my foot at some point.  


And even though the thread kept breaking (maybe I should have changed the needle?), it all worked out in the end.  

Happy mending!  




2 comments:

  1. Well, I'd certainly consider changing the needle before next time. :-) Good on you for doing the meding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was being lazy and didn't feel like getting up and searching for a new needle... I'm going to blame it on the ankle sprain ;)

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...