Friday 1 July 2016

Donna Karan & DKNY patterns

Did you read Vogue's announcement regarding Donna Karan and DKNY patterns? 
As of July 14, 2016, we will no longer sell Donna Karan and DKNY patterns (current & out-of-print styles). 
I was quite sad to read this announcement since I  have been a fan of her designs for many years. I guess, I really shouldn't be surprised considering that Karan's creative design contributions have diminished over the years. I just never wanted to consider that this time would come. And yet, it has come, a time to reminisce on some of my favourite Donna Karan and DKNY designs carried by Vogue patterns that have made it into my collection over the years .  

My favourite Donna Karan make would have to be Vogue 1263. I like this pattern so much, I've made two versions of this jacket. The details on this shawl collar jacket are divine.  


And there are more Donna Karan and DKNY patterns in my collection.  


This jumper and dress pattern, OOP Vogue 2586, has been in my collection for years, circa 1990. I haven't even opened it even though I still adore this design.  


Vogue 1465 is the most recent Donna Karan design to become part of my collect. This pattern purchase was influenced by Tany's gorgeous version of this top and jacket.  


OOP Vogue 2648, circa 1991, is another pattern that I've been meaning to make for quite some time. I have a light-weight linen that would work for this loose-fitting shirt.  


OOP Vogue 2453, circa 2000, is another pattern that I have yet to sew. So many patterns, so little time.   


Now this pattern, OOP Vogue 2092, I have made up a few times when I was the size on the envelope.  This is my eldest Donna Karan design, circa 1988. It was the first Donna Karan design that I made and since then I was hooked.    


DKNY OOP Vogue 2091 is on my want to make list since I found it in the current size, circa 2001.  


I have two copies of Vogue 1175, circa 2010, in my collection. I picked up the second copy when I saw Bunny's version sewn and worn as a jumper. l loved the length and the change she made to the hem. Another one on my want to make list.  


I was thrilled to add this Donna Karan design for the cape-like top, Vogue 1417, after seeing this made up by Catherine Daze.


I added this one to the collection for the top and skirt--love that the skirt is high waisted and after seeing this version of the top I was sold.  


This dress pattern, Vogue 1281, is one of those designs that I love but wonder what occasion this could possibly fit into my prairie lifestyle? Maybe one day, I'll figure it out. It was Carolyn's version make out of recycled tee-shirts that sold me on the possibility.  


And of course, Vogue 1038, I've been talking about making this one up for some time now. Soon. I have the fabric pre-washed, pressed, and waiting to be cut out. 

How about you, do you have a favourite Donna Karan or DKNY design that you've made?  

Happy Sewing!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...