Tuesday 12 July 2016

Do These Stripes Make Me Look Like Beetlejuice?

I made a new peplum top and to make optimal use of the small pieces of striped knit that I was trying to use up, I think I ended up with sleeves that reminds me of Beetlejuice.  


Do you want to see? Okay, don't say that I didn't warn you.  


I had two remnants of striped fabrics that were similar weight and both were two-way stretch allowing me to play around directionally with the pattern pieces. The pattern, Vogue 9056, is my idea of perfect. The raised waist works for my body shape so this pattern will go down as my favourite peplum make.  

Vogue patterns weren't kidding when they rated this as "very easy" as I managed to whip this up in no time. I didn't even look at the instructions. 


The pattern calls for a "raw edge finish" but I decided to finish the edges with fusible interfacing tape, serge the edge and turn over once and stitched it with the knit stitch on my sewing machine. I can see myself making another one before the summer is over. It is so comfortable and I really like the fit.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:   1.4 metres 

Pattern:  Vogue 9056

Fusible Interfacing:  2 metres

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, walking foot, thread, scissors, pins, cutting table, thread clippers, iron, ironing board and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!  


3 comments:

  1. Totally cute!! I like the varying widths of the stripes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was your version of this pattern that made me give this one a try. So I owe you a huge thank you for introducing me to a pattern that I totally missed otherwise.

      Delete
    2. Yay! That's one of the best things about the online sewing community!!

      Delete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...