Wednesday 6 April 2016

Mmmm, Minty Green Wrap

Stash-busting 2016:  OOP Vogue 7014

I want to make a couple more work appropriate dresses and since the first one turned out well, I thought to give the pattern, Vogue 7014, another try.  


I did make a couple of changes from the first version. I lengthened the hem two inches from View A or five inches shorter from View B. And instead of using twill or bias tape on the shoulder seam, I went with fusible tape. It was a technique called for on the kAtheRine Tilton top that I really liked, added stability without the bulk.  



My fabric has been in my stash for more than a decade [holding head in shame]. I picked this fabric up for a song when Fanny Fabrics closed down in the city. If I didn't discover that sewing knits with a walking foot could be painless, this fabric just might be still aging in my stash. It is a more stable knit than I used for the first version.


The first version I made has more stretch to it than this version does, just a wee bit more. And I'm wondering if that is the reason that this one feels more snug than the other. Or perhaps, it could be my bad eating habits catching up to the waistline? Either way, I want to make one more that is similar to this knit. Maybe, I'll leave off the darts.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:    3 metres 100% polyester knit

Fusible Tape:  0.20 metres

Thread:   100% polyester, finished off 2 spools during this project.There was a whole lot of double stitched seams.

Pattern:   OOP Vogue 7014

Addition Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, walking foot, cutting table, pins, measuring tape, scissors, thread clippers, hand sewing needle, seam ripper, a whole lot of procrastination, Tylenol, radio, and water.

Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...