Monday 28 March 2016

Cozy in Pink

Stash-busting 2016:  Vogue 9193


Marcy Tilton's new release, Vogue 9193, screams loungewear to me and since I could use another pair of pajamas that is what I've been working on.


I have been working on struggling with the tunic today and I'm done. Well, not done according to the pattern instructions but I've decided to be creative in my doneness.  

Now don't get me wrong, I really like this pattern and it is easy to put together. Marcy Tilton has released another fun and well-drafted pattern. My struggles were not pattern related, instead it was my darn fabric choice that presented all the challenges that I encountered while piecing this tunic together.  

I chose a pink velour (yeah, I can't believe I just typed that) that has been sitting in my stash. Now let me explain before you go on reminding me of my claim that I don't like pink and velour garments. I stumbled on a lot of fabric that Northwest Fabrics was selling off from no longer in business business and well, these fabrics were $3.99 / metre or 99¢ / metre if I took the remaining bolt. I thought what the heck at 99¢ how can you go wrong? Yes, it could be described as a moment of insanity that this fabric ended up in my stash but it does make cute baby onesies. Anyway, I digress... 


This fabric proved to be a challenge to cut and to sew because of how the fabric naturally wanted to curl and it drove me to discard the neck piece and just leave the ends finished on the serger. And you know what, I'm good with it because it is just a pajama top.


The Stats:

Fabric:   1.8 metres

Pattern:  Vogue 9193

Additioanl Tools and Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, scissors, pins, thread, thread clippers, tweezers, tailor's chalk and Leonard Cohen tunes.

Now, I think I need a break before I tackle the matching pants.

Happy Sewing!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...