Friday 2 October 2015

In Sewing News Today...

I'm a little freaked-out that we're already into October, although, I do love this time of year. This would be because it has hit home that there are nine weeks before the Advent concert and I have four angel costumes to sew. I'll be sewing OOP McCall's 2340 for this project and I really should start it this weekend.


That will mean I will need to put this pattern away.


I've already started what I hope to be a wearable muslin of Butterick 6254. I lengthened it by ten inches and now see that I will have to cut it shorter. And I shortened the sleeves but now see that I shortened them too much. And this is why I don't sew for others ;)


I've only sewn one side seam and noticed that the side pockets sit a little low for me. But over all, I do like this pattern. There is still a lot more work to do on this but I really should put it aside and get to those costumes. 


In other sewing news, this pattern is back on my wish list after seeing a version on Pattern Review which someone made an X-Small size. They mentioned that they typically sew a Medium--just like me and I was thrilled to see how beautiful it fit in the smaller size.  

Sew much to sew, so little time! But life is good (the swelling in my hand settled down) and it is always nice to have something to look forward to in the sewing room.  

How about you, what's on your sewing table?  

Happy Sewing!  


1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I mostly only sew for myself and occasionally for my man, or the odd gift for my parents. I have too many things on my "to sew list" :(

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...