Saturday 5 September 2015

In Sewing News Today... (Say What and Buttons)

So Sew, I received this email flyer earlier this week. Fabricland is having a "Buy One Get 2 Free" sale this weekend.  
It sounds good, doesn't it? And I did need buttons for the fitted blouse that I'm making. And check out the cute graphics on this announcement--see the salient position on the centre left with the four and two hole buttons graphic. I really did believe that shirt buttons would be on sale for Buy One Get 2 Free. Not so cute was when I got to the store to discover that the buttons shown on the graphics were not included in the Buy One Get 2 Free sale. The Buy One Get 2 Free deal only applies to covered buttons. I did ask one of the store clerks who said there wasn't enough room on the email announcement to add "covered." Really? They couldn't make the banner or text size smaller to fit the word "covered" next to buttons? Things that make you go hmmm.  

I still bought the buttons that I had picked out for my fitted blouse project. They were marked down to 50% off which might make you wonder why I'm even writing about this. Well, it is just that I felt like I was duped with a bait and switch scheme. Not cool.

Talking about buttons, would you pay $4.67 (US) for a button? How about $42.00 (US) for a set of nine? How about if it looked like these?


I gasped with joy when I saw these buttons over at this easy shop. They're handmade buttons based on replicas of Portuguese tiles. I haven't been to the city of Porto but these do remind me of the tiles found on the island of São Miguel. I won't be picking them up since I already have buttons for my blouse but they do make me nostalgic for a by-gone time. I think they are just lovely.

Well, that is all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...