Tuesday 30 June 2015

June in Review...

Sewing

Most of my month has been dedicated to making the most adorable little girl dresses. I have to admit that this has been the most fun I had sewing in a long time.  


And then there was sewing for the stash-busting contest over at Pattern Review where I realized that there are people with larger fabric stashes than my own. Yikes! I managed to come in 10th in the overage yardage used count. I managed to use up twenty-three point four yards of fabric that has been in my stash for six months or longer. Of course, that might change by mid-night today. I should confess that I found some lovely silk noir and wool on sale over at Northwest this month and added another twenty-four metres of fabric to my stash. So that wipes out all the good I did during the stash-busting contest. As of right now, the person in the lead has used eighty-two point eight yards! The whole group stash-busted a total of eight hundred forty-five point three yards. That unidentifiable sound you hear is some back patting going on around the globe. I'm refraining from back-patting because I'm busy stroking my wool and silk finds.   

RTW Fast

I did a horrible job this month when it came to my pledge to stop buying ready-to-wear clothing when I actively sought out work-out clothing. I picked up a jacket with pockets to hold my iPod while working out.  And a pair of biking shorts that actually fit. Oh yeah and that striped Kate Spade Saturday tee-shirt in the most gorgeous cotton knit fabric. And that Donna Karan mock-wrapped knit skirt. My bad.  

Stats

Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash
Additions to the stash
Basting Tape
2.08 metres

Bias Tape


Buttons
24

Chain

1.3 metres
Elastic
.83 metres

Fabric
48.34 metres
83.9 metres
Interfacing
1.46 metres

Lace Trim
1.2 metres
6 metres
Lining
1.9 metres

Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
6 previously used
16 new
22
Ribbon
12.7 metres
13 metres
Serger Thread
2

Sewing Machine Needle
2

Snaps
4

Spools of Thread
7
4
Velcro


Zipper
2 - 22” invisible
1 - 12" invisible
1 - 8”  invisible
1 - 7" invisible
1 - 18" zipper
1 - 8" invisible
1 - 22" invisible 
  
ItemsTotals-to-date
Tops
4
Pants / Shorts
1
Dresses
11
Sweaters
0
Coats
0
Jackets
Shirt
1
1
Skirts
3
Hats
0


Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. Nice month! And wow on that stash busting number in the contest!!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...