Tuesday 23 June 2015

In Sewing News Today...

Last week I purchased this pattern.


I came home from work on Friday, thrilled that an envelope had arrived. I opened it and was quickly saddened to find this pattern.


I didn't order this pattern. As a matter of fact, I actually have this pattern in my stash in a larger size. I'm disappointed because I ordered from a local seller thinking that it should arrive shortly which it did except it was the wrong pattern.

I wanted to make a little short sleeve shirt for another co-worker's child and this week is our final week at work. Thankfully, I was able to reach the seller and she graciously apologized and offered to send the correct pattern on its way. She even offered to let me keep the pattern that was sent but I won't feel right about keeping it so it is also on its way back to the seller. So she offered to reimburse the shipping cost I will occur from shipping it back.

So Sew that leaves me with some free time until it arrives. Yup, it still hasn't arrived. Fingers are crossed that it will arrive tomorrow. I do have one more Vogue 1455 that I could whip up.

Talking about Vogue 1455, I did hear some feedback from one of the Mom's. Her daughter received and tried on this dress in a size 4 and reported that the dress front neckline sits too low and that it needs to be taken in at the shoulder seam.   I actually had that problem with the adult version of this dress, Vogue 1410. I guess this is a design flaw? It just seems odd that it is the same issue I found in my own version. Something to keep in mind when I made another.  

Well, that is all that is new in sewing news today...

Happy Sewing!



1 comment:

  1. I feel like most Vogues are pretty low- is it just st me? I alwYs end up adjusting heavily

    ReplyDelete

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...