Thursday 15 January 2015

National Hat Day!

I'm not sure about the history of National Hat Day, regardless it is a fine thing to celebrate. We all wear hats for various reasons. 


These past few weeks I've been wearing a hat hats for warmth. Earlier this week when we had wind chills in the minus forties, I would wear two knit hats layered over each other without any concern over how silly I look. Besides, 
A person carries off the hat.  Hats are about emotion.  It is all about how it makes you feel.  ~Phillip Treacy~
And I like to feel toasty warm.

In the summer, I wear a hat to protect myself from the sun. But I also wear hats for fashion. I'm fond of the retro look of newspaper boy style caps.

Vogue 9044
And I've been know to tune into an episode of Downton Abbey every now and then for a look at the fashions and hats.


Our reasons for wearing hats may have changed over the decades and seasons but today I hope you wear your hat with a sense of fun and celebration!

Happy Hat Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...