Saturday 13 September 2014

In Sewing News Today...

Since posting the first sewing kit on Tuesday, I haven't done much on them since. Sew this weekend, the plan is to get busy on them. And hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have them finished. 

The first sewing kit, thirteen more to go! 

Once these are done, I have to get busy on sewing some more knickers. I plan to use Butterick 6031 and make them just like the last pair but in white. I even picked up white elastic I used for the black ones. I'll see how many I can knock off with the metre of white knit that I picked up. Gosh, it is starting to sound like a lot of factory style sewing in the days ahead.  

I need a few more pairs of these.  
Next on my list of things to do will be a coat using Vintage Vogue 1521. Thankfully, it is something more challenging. By the time I get the other two items checked off my list I'll be up for something a bit more challenging. I have it all cut out but not in the winter fabrics that I have in mind. 


I want to do a test run on this pattern and I have it cut in a red sateen fabric. Yes, if it works out well I'll have another spring coat in my wardrobe. I always wanted a red spring coat. If the pattern fits well and no alterations are needed I'll cut my good winter fabrics out.  

Anyway, that's all in sewing news today...

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...