Sunday 7 September 2014

In Sewing News Today...

There is some new fabric in my stash. I found some lining and light-weight fleece fabric for my winter coat project. Over on Pattern Review there is a beautiful coat where it was mentioned that it was underlined with a micro-fleece. What a great idea! Especially since the Farmer's Almanac is predicting another brutal winter [fingers crossed it ain't so]. But just in case the Farmer's Almanac is correct, the fleece underlining will make the coat toasty warm.  


I'm all set with all the fabrics. I just have to clear some time in my sewing schedule to get to work on this project. 

And also waiting to be made: I wanted to make a tailored jacket using Vogue 8333 for quite some time. While at Marshall Fabrics (where I found the lining fabric above), I came across this lovely tweed fabric.


It is brown with pink specs in it. I know there is a lot of pink tones in these fabrics--I don't know what has come over me. I can't believe I'm saying this but I like pink and browns together. Mama R also likes it and would like a jacket out of it if there happens to be any left over. I will have enough for two jackets. Looks like I'll be busy making jackets and coats this winter.   

In other sewing news, one of the students at the school I work at stopped me in the hall to ask when sewing club will be starting. How cute is that! I think I might be more excited about this activity than the kids (if that is even possible) because I was off to High Tea Bakery to see if they will be willing to make some sewing themed cookies for our first "sewing class." I figure that since we plan to have our first sewing class before the end of September and September is National Sewing Month it would be a nice way to kick things off. And they can do it! I just have to finish off the sewing kits and my co-worker is working on a cross-stitch sample and then we are ready for the big day. I think I'm as excited as that student who stopped me in the hall. I can't wait.

And, talking about being super excited, I finally got my hands on a copy of The Lost Art of Dress by Linda Przybyszewski.


This will be my next read once I finish The Pink Suit. The book is on the back burner while I finish off the sewing kits. So Sew much to do, sew little time!

Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...