Monday, 18 August 2014

Years ago...

I've been talking about making a winter coat for years now. I can trace it back to 2011 on this blog. I had the pattern picked out, Vintage Vogue 1083. I even cut out a muslin. But I chickened out of the winter coat project many times over the years.  

Now, I'm thinking about making a winter coat once again. There is a new pattern I have in mind. It is another Vintage Vogue pattern. It is a Sybil Connolly design! I've had my eye on this pattern for quite some time.


I love everything about this design but I just admired it from the distance as it sat for sale at the $52.00 (USD), plus another $11.00 for shipping and of course throw in the exchange rate. It was just too rich for my blood, even after reading The Coat Route.  

Today, I found another Sybil Connolly coat pattern in my size for much less a very reasonable price and [squealing with delight], it is on its way! 


I still have the coating fabric in my stash. No chickening out this time. I believe I'm ready for the challenge and I'm excited about the pattern I'll be working with so there are no excuses.  

Now, I just have to clear off the sewing projects I have on the go before this pattern arrives. Have you ever made a winter coat? Any advice?  

Happy Sewing!  




2 comments:

  1. You can do this-there is less fitting and just more layers. It's actually fun!

    ReplyDelete

The Eva Dress by Tessuti

This is my first project using Tessuti patterns and I'm even more impressed with how it turned out than I was when the patterns arrived...