Thursday 1 May 2014

Me-Made-May 2014


Ah, the start of Me-Made-May '14.  

Last year I failed at documenting my me-made wardrobe. So this year I plan on keeping it simple. Maybe an end-of-the-week recap will be more manageable. Wearing me-made items is not really a challenge for me because I basically wear me-made items every day.  

Sew, my challenge for the month is to focus on someone other than me. For the month of May my sewing projects will be for others. I still have the baby onsies to finish that I wanted to complete as my Lenten sewing project. There is a shirt for my brother that is cut out waiting in my sewing drawer to be stitched together. And Mama R has some items on her wish list too. 

That's my Me-Made-May '14 challenge, to finish off all the projects for others. How about you? Are you planning on participating on this year's Me-Made-May festivities?  

I, Graca of Sew Essentially Sew http://sewessentiallysew.blogspot.ca, sign up to participate in Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear me-made items each day. I can't promise that I will post photographic evidence of every me-made item I wear, you'll just have to take my word for it. And to make me feel less selfish or guilty about my me-made wardrobe I will challenge myself to focus on sewing for others. 

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the photographic evidence. It the third day and I despise having my picture taken. Hubby managed to take two pictures today. The best of my outfit had the strangest look on my face. The second was just horrible. I really need to find my remote for my good camera!
    I also have some sewing for others. I plan to make a couple baby outfits to donate, but they keep getting put off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to upgrade my camera, one that will work with a wireless remote. Do you mind me asking which camera you have? I'm torn between the Nikon or Canon.

    I have baby outfits on my list of things to do too. I finally found some cute cotton knit prints. I just have to cut them out and sew them up.

    ReplyDelete

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...