Sunday 8 December 2013

Back to Regular Scheduled Sewing...

WooHoo! 

The stars for the Advent concert at the school are all done. Oh my goodness, what a relief to have those finished. The kids have been asking when they would be finished and I promised to have them done by Monday. As the words passed my lips, I cringed at the thought of all that I have on my plate.  

There must have been a sewing goddess, angel or Christmas elf looking over the project because I'm not sure how I managed to pull it off this weekend. I'm just thankful that they are done.  

Now, it is back to regular scheduled sewing. I have ten days to fit in some sewing before my scheduled knee surgery. The big thing on my plate is a jacket for Mama R. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it done in time for Christmas but I'm going to give it a try.  

I've been working on this pattern, Vogue 8916. The wearable muslin is not finished but it is at the point that Mama R knows what modifications she would like to the pattern.  

She would like the neckline curve dropped in the front, add about an inch to the length and adjust the sleeves to be long sleeves.  

Simple enough.  

I just have to squeeze this little project into what little time is left after work, appointments, shopping and cleaning up for the holidays. I just hope the sewing goddess, angel and Christmas elf don't go too far. I might need more of their help. How about you, are you doing any Christmas sewing? 

Happy Sewing!  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...