Tuesday 12 November 2013

In Sewing News Today...

A Change of Plans:

There is a dress cut out in the happiest colour in the world but black and white has been ruling my sewing table as of late. The plan last week was to start on this project but my schedule did not allow for any sewing time. And then it started to turn cold suggesting that snow and winter was on its way. Sew, my sewing plans have changed. And I'm taking a slight departure from the Tim Gunn Sewing Challenge.  

Right now, I'm sewing another pair of Anne Klien pants, Vogue 1325. These will be the fourth pair that I have cut this year. One pair was made in red denim and the other two were in wool suiting in navy and a wool/cashmere grey/blue pinstripe

Can you tell how much I like this pattern? This pair will be another pair of wool dress pants but this time in black. A good neutral colour, perfect for work and will work with a lot of tops already in my wardrobe.   

I will admit to planning on making another pair after this one. I'm thinking in a blue denim but I won't add any ease like I mistakenly did with the red denim pants.

The dress will have to wait.

New Fabric:

My bad. I hit the fabric section and found this 3/8" wide black stripe on a white background. It is 100% cotton and the weight of a denim fabric. I love it and my first thoughts were towards a shirt dress but I'm now leaning towards a skirt.

I do have a Marcy Tilton skirt pattern, Vogue 8561. I'm sort of on the fence with the pattern though.


What I would love to make with this fabric is a back-buttoned skirt, or more specifically, Vogue 1918.

This pattern is current-ly avail-able at Etsy but not in my size. I think it would work with the stripe. Hmmm, but it is not in my size. Luckily, I have some time to think about it since there are a few projects that need to be finished first.

Who knows maybe this pattern might appear in my size in the meantime?

Sewing Machine Maintence:

And I finally sat down and did some maintenance on the sewing machine. It has been long over due. The lint has been removed and the needle changed, finally. Do you take the time to do regular basic sewing machine maintenance or are you like me and let is slide at times?

Well, that is all that is new in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...