Monday 28 October 2013

In Sewing News Today

Vogue patterns released their Winter/Holiday Collection today.

Yawn. Sorry Vogue, but there wasn't much that I found inspiring this holiday season.

Of course, I was intrigued by a new Marcy Tilton pattern, Vogue 8966. It was the only pattern out of the bunch that made me want to take notice. I think this hat is super cute and totally my style. And I like this scarf which is totally not warm enough for a Winnipeg winter but too darn cute none-the-less.

The rest of the new pattern releases didn't rock my world one bit which is a good thing because I have too many patterns that I need to get to at some point. Sew many projects, sew little time!

In other sewing news, I want to share a tip that I saw on a sewing program this weekend. It was from a quilting segment and a viewer tip in which she cleaned her sewing machine of guck that accumulates when sewing through something sticky. The suggesting was to sew through a package of those wet naps. I didn't have any wet naps on hand but I did dampen a scrap piece of fabric with some rubbing alcohol and run a few stitches through the cloth. It worked! Who knew?

The trim that I was sewing on my denim skirt  was folded and glued with leather glue and my sewing machine needle collected quite a bit of guck along the way. I think next time I find myself with a couple of those wet naps I'm going to throw them into my sewing tool kit.

Anyway, that is all in sewing news today.  What did you think about the Vogue pattern Holiday/Winter release?

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm with you on the new releases ~ glad I am Down Under, heading into summer, and not in need of unusual beanies ... J

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...