Thursday 4 July 2013

The Shingle Dress: Vogue 8904

Stash-Busting 2013:  Project # 31

Fabric Used:     Cotton / Spandex knit.

Pattern Used:   Vogue 8904

Thread Used:   1 spool

*****

The Shingle Dress, as it is referred to by Marcy Tilton, has been on my I-want-to-make list since I laid eyes on the pattern. Since that time versions of this dress have been popping up at the mall, sleeveless, of course, above knee-length and in a black and white striped knit.

The suburban-mall popularity of this design almost turned me off of this pattern, almost.

The fabric that I have in mind for this dress is a 10 ounce free trade black knit fabric that was a 2013 addition to my fabric stash. It is 92% cotton and 8% spandex and I love the weight of this knit.

But I made a test version before I go ahead To make it "different" from the striped versions popping up in the suburban retail stores I'm making the longer version and adding sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...