Monday, 15 July 2013

kAtheRine Tilton Top: Butterick 5891

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #25 

Fabric Used:    3 metres (the fabric I used was quite narrow)

Buttons Used:  3

Pattern Used:  Butterick 5891

*****

This is such a fun pattern. I will admit that I was a wee bit fearful about making this jacket after reading several review over at Pattern Review. It had received more "recommend with modification" ratings than "highly recommend" and that made for some apprehension.  I'm so glad that I went ahead and made it anyway. I'm thrilled with my new jacket.  

The only modification that I made to the pattern was lifting the placement of the pocket up slightly after reading this review. I didn't adjust the sleeves and the three-quarter length sleeve in the Butterick photo turned out to be a full-length sleeve on me. I'm happy with it. I did keep a deep hem on the sleeve so that I could roll it up once and make it look like a three-quarter length sleeve.

I picked up this fabric just over a year ago with the thought of making the Lynn Mizono shirt but the fabric wasn't wide enough. It was perfect for this top! The folded single layer collar exposes the wrong side of the fabric but this fabric it is hard to tell.

The buttons are a recent addition to my stash. I just picked them up because I liked them and without any specific project in mind and it works with this print.

The pattern is easy peasy. I literally stitched this up in an afternoon.  

I can't wait to wear it!

Happy Sewing!  

3 comments:

  1. Graca, I was also becoming timid about this pattern but you've convinced me to give it a try. Your result is smashing!

    ReplyDelete

With Some Focus, Careful Measurements, and Coffee...

I was able to grade a pattern. This is the first time that I have actually sat down and tried to grade a pattern by hand. It's a b...