Monday 17 June 2013

In Sewing News Today...

Some days I just shouldn't read sewing blogs and click on links to beautifully funky shoes. Oh my goodness, have you seen these?












Thankfully, they are not in my size. Otherwise, I might be tempted to pick up these three and three-quarter high-heeled beauties that would not be the best thing for my knees. Aren't they pretty though? 

Over at Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing, Gertie is also tempting sewing peeps with more gorgeous floral fabrics. I'm going to have to muster all the will-power that I can and remind myself that there is a seasonal lay-off around the corner.  

In other sewing news, I've been busy cleaning and de-cluttering this past week. I'm so ready to spend some quality time with my sewing machines. I have yet to participate in the fabric stash busting contest over at Pattern Review. 

Right now, there is some cut yardage in the laundry room waiting to be pre-washed for a pair of pants. But first, I'm going to have to clear off some mending projects that have been hanging around for far too long. Not my favourite type of sewing--it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Sadly, that's me. Missing the fun sewing that is hopefully around the corner.  

Happy Sewing!  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...