Saturday 8 June 2013

In Sewing News Today...

Just off a big project and tidying up the sewing area. There are a few things that I need to tackle before I think about my next project.

First up, hemming a pair of pants for Papa R. Even Mama R thinks that these will have to be re-hemmed down the road since Papa R is notorious for his lack of patience when it comes to the fitting process.

I believe that in the Portuguese culture bad sewing karma will fall upon your sewing machine if you tell your kin-folk to take their alterations to the tailor. But I have to tell you it is a secret fantasy of mine. I much rather sew something from scratch than mend or alter.

That said, I really can not procraftinate any longer. This weekend will be devoted to all those mending and alteration projects that I just need to get done.  

What is on your sewing table?

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. PROCRAFTINATE!!!! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Isn't that a great word. I can't take credit for it, I found the definition over at My Roman Apartment http://www.myromanapartment.com/

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...