Tuesday 9 April 2013

Slow Sewing Movement...

I'm taking the phrase "slow sewing movement" literally this week.

I'm working on a men's dress shirt for my brother and I'm working at a snail's pace. It is all good, so far the top-stitching is perfect [knock on wood] and I haven't had a need to dig out my seam ripper [again, knock on wood].

The pattern that I'm using is McCall's 2447. I had a good fit with the first shirt. I should be whipping through these pattern pieces since I'm familiar with the pattern but I seem to be taking my sweet time on this one and I'm actually enjoying this pace.

It has been a hectic week plus and even though I typically find sewing a relaxing activity I haven't spent much time at the sewing table this week.

Can you believe that I started this on Sunday and I'm only now pinned the neckband onto the neckline? Stitching it in place will have to wait until tomorrow since I take yawning as a sign to stop sewing.

Yup, slow sewing... that's the life! Twenty-seven steps completed, twenty-four more to go. At this pace, I just might have this shirt done by the weekend.

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, we just rush too much - taking a bit of time over something means we take time to do it well and carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach, who cares how long you take... peaks and troughs are normal, I think (and hope!)

    Bundana
    @ http://www.bundana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I have to salow down and remember how much I enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...