Thursday 4 April 2013

Nip and Tucks

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #16

Fabric Used:     2 metres of double knit.

Pattern Used:    Vogue 8637, circa 2010.

Elastic Used:      1.1 metre of 1 cm elastic.

*****

I've had this pattern in my stash for a couple of years. I'm kicking myself for taking this long to make this skirt, I love the nips and tucks! And it is really comfortable.

Vogue 8637 is still available on the Vogue website but under the out-of-print section.   

There are only three pattern pieces and the most work was involved with transferring all the pattern markings. But it was all worth the time involved.

I used the same fabric that is found in the Marcy Tilton jacket, Vogue 8839. The fabric made it into my fabric stash in the past year. I do like the colour even if I do wear it without the matching jacket.

I think I'm going to need another one in black...

Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun skirt! Lovely colour too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wore it to work today, it passed the comfortable test.

      Delete
  2. Original! How would you wear this with shoes? Looks like a sandals kinda skirt. Nice for summer :D

    Bundana @
    http://www.bundana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe that when I was cutting out this skirt and the jacket that goes with it I was thinking that it would go with my Cougar wedge heeled rubber boots? There is a spot of orange on my rubber boots and if it would just stop snowing here, I sure spring is around the corner, hopefully. I wore it to work today with lace up Groundhog wedged heeled shoes and tights that matched my skirt. But you're right, it would be a comfy sandals kind of skirt.

      Delete
    2. I think that the skirts that look good with sandals also look good with boots, is it odd? Is it also odd that I knew exactly what pattern you used before reading the text? I just might spend too much time on the Vogue website. 8-)

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...