Monday 18 February 2013

Oh My Goodness--It's that pattern!

Look what popped up over at Etsy!

A couple months ago I found this pattern and made both the jacket and dress. Once upon a time this pattern was part of my collection. I made the dress and it was one of my favourite pieces. The dress and I sadly parted ways when I moved on to a different size. And I was thrilled to pieces many years later when I found the pattern again.

Another copy of this fantastic pattern popped up. I'm not going to snap it up but I will post it here because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pattern.

I will warn you that there are a lot of darts involved to make the dress and jacket but it is so worth the work. The fit created by the darts is perfect.

I will also say that I found the dress front bodice with the square neckline is a little low but on the most recent version that I made I did raise it 1" and it did not do any harm to the design.

Sew, if I am ever going to recommend a dress pattern, this would be it. The pattern is a size 16-18-20 and listed for $7.00!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...