Sunday 10 February 2013

McCall's 9264 Dress Progress

I managed to get a wee bit of sewing done on the McCall's 9264 dress this weekend.  

I have decided to depart from the sewing instructions before sewing the bodice side seams together.

With the side seams are left open, I stitched the skirt back to the bodice back.

The plan is to sew an invisible zipper in place with this set up.

Next the skirt front to the bodice front and then sew up the side seams. If everything goes according to plan this dress might escape the possibility of becoming an UFO.

It will all have to wait until tomorrow. Downton Abbey is on, until then...

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that fabric is so pretty, and the pleating on the bodice looks so good! You surely can't let this become a UFO!

    ReplyDelete

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...