Sunday 24 February 2013

Can I Pick a Winner or What?

I have to admit that I'm finding the Oscars a bit of a bore fashion wise with a few exceptions. I thought I could use a fashion pickup after reading a few more pages of Overdressed. But no, I'm actually finding most of the gowns as boring as the Gap clothes described in the book. Maybe boring is a bit harsh. Let me edit that and say that I didn't find myself inspired by many of the looks. And did you notice that Pantone's 2013 colour of the year was absent from the red carpet? 

There were a couple of exceptions. Halle Berry wore a dress that I thought was cool, same with Reese Witherspoon, yet there are folks that are calling these amongst the worst dressed. Can I pick a winner, or what?

These were the dresses that I found beautiful and inspiring. I like that Jane Fonda wore yellow, it was nice to see a bright colour.




My favourite look would hands down be the outfit worn by Sunrise Coigney. Stripes ruled the red carpet in my opinion.

Maybe I was inspired. No, I don't need a gown or fancy dress.

You see, now I'm thinking what I want to do with that silver and black stripe silk duponi fabric in my stash.

Maybe that new Katherin Tilton shirt, Butterick 5891?

Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't see Sunrise C- that is a fab dress- the volume is adding interest, not bulk..I'm looking at you Ms Lawrence....

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...