Thursday 31 January 2013

January in Review...

McCall's 6612
McCall's 8525
Vogue 1312
Vogue 8854
Simplicity 7478
Vogue 8825
Sew, are you wondering how I did on the first month of my Sewing Resolutions?

Not great, I did stumble. And it certainly was a challenge.

I did walk into a fabric store once because I was in need of thread and some more basting tape to complete my Vogue 1312 dress.

I am happy to report that I was able to escape without any fabric or patterns.  

And in a moment of weakness, I did go shopping for envelopes and came home with two ready-to-wear (RTW) items. I noticed that I shop when I am bored or feeling blue.

I returned the two sweaters with a bad case of buyer's remorse and the realization that I'm an emotional shopper. This might be the also be the reason that my fabric stash got out of hand.  

This is more challenging than I thought it would be, but all-in-all there are no presently no new RTW items in my closet. And I managed to stash-bust a total of

  • 15.4 metres of fabric
  • 5 previously unused patterns,
  • 3.1 metres of trim
  • 2 zippers
  • 3 spools of thread
  • 2 sewing machine needles
  • 3 snaps and 
  • 9 buttons.
Added to my stash this month:

  • 5 spools of thread, 
  • 1 package of basting tape.  


Happy Sewing!  




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and cozy month- I particularly love the 8854!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite pleased with that pattern too! I would highly recommend it.

      Delete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...