Monday 1 October 2012

Vogue 8837

I made this skirt last month and am just posting some pictures of it now.

It is made with a kAtheRine Tilton pattern, Vogue 8837. It is so comfortable, I love it. In the picture it does look like it has a bit of an A-line cut but don't be fooled. It is straight skirt, I just had to pin it in the back for the picture otherwise it would have fallen off the form.

I cut the pattern in a size M (12-14) which was perfect in the hip area. Not so much in the waist. I could have gone down a size in the yoke and waist area. You don't hear me saying that too often.

I love the invisible elastic that is sewn inside the self-lined yoke. I guess I could have cut the elastic a bit smaller too. I'll do that for the next version I'll make.

I didn't overlap the side seams but I did keep the narrow curved hem at the sides. I love this detail. And I did not shorten the skirt pattern. The hemline sits just above my ankle and I'm quite thrilled with the length.

It is a great skirt pattern. I would highly recommend this one.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...