Sunday 21 October 2012

Now for something completely different...

Guess what I am busy sewing?  


Okay, one hint. I never thought that I would be sewing a project like this one.  


Nope, it is not a quilt.  


I'm sewing a mattress cover for Mama R. She has been searching high and low for a decent one that doesn't make a crinkling noise when you lay on top of it. And that is soft as a pillow. Oh, and it has to fit a twin size bed.

Who would have thought it would be so difficult to find.

After many trips to various shopping outlets looking for a mattress cover that is just right. I finally blurted out, "Why don't I make you one?"

It just came out before I could stop myself. I knew there was a reason why Mama R asked me to take her shopping. She's a very clever woman.

Joking aside, I can't take all the credit on this project. It is totally a joint effort. And I'm enjoying our time together working on this one.

But right now it is time for a tea break.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...