Monday 22 October 2012

Mattress Cover: The next step

Tonight's sewing was quite basic stuff. It was all about sewing straight lines. Boring stuff really.

I stitched through four layers of batting between two layers of fabric.

It actually feels like a mattress pillow compared to the store bought mattress covers Mama R found in the store.

Mama R was a huge help in this process. I couldn't convince her to help me baste. I tried.

She made sure that the mattress pillow didn't slide off the table. This was a huge help.

After I measure the pillow top, the sides will be the next step. The next step, however, will have to wait until tomorrow.

Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...