Saturday 27 October 2012

In Sewing News Today...

I don't know if you heard, Winnipeg is getting their own Ikea store. It is huge news in these parts. I'm super thrilled because Ikea has a textiles department.

Yes, more textile options in a city that has seen way too many fabric stores close up shop. I can't wait to have more fabric choice at my finger tips.

I know these are home decor fabrics but anyone who knows me knows that I am a sucker for a awesome print. And Ikea has awesome prints.

One more month until they open their doors.

Until then I need to get busy sewing the projects I have on the go before I start dreaming about adding to my fabric stash.

Project #1 & 2:

Simplicity 5540, this project should have been completed months ago.

I'm holding my head in shame that it is not finished yet. I did start it, the interfacing has been pressed to the fabric and the pattern markings are all set to go. But then I lost my sewing mojo.

I seriously have to get this done and a little denim shirtdress in a girls size 8 before my next massage appointment.
Project #3 & 4:

Vogue 1247 is one of my favourite patterns and I really can't explain why these have been sitting in my sewing drawer collecting dust.

On the left is a half completed top. And the right are all the pieces for another version of the skirt in a navy heavy weight cotton. It should be good for the winter.

Project #5 & 6:

Vests!  Oh my goodness, I have to get busy on these vests that my nephews have requested. I'm using Simplicity 4762 which has received some high praises.

Maybe I need to tackle these two vests first.




Project #7:

I've been meaning to sew a new nightshirt / pj's for some time now. And now I have no excuse because I recently found the pattern that I want to use.

I want the nightshirt with the two front pockets. I have the flannel ready to cut as soon as I get the other projects out of the way.
Project #8 & 9:

This project has been on my wish list for quite some time. Lets see, it has been a year now! It is a project from the October/November 2011 issue of Vogue Patterns Sewing Magazine.

Where has a year gone?

I still want to give this a try. Even the apron pattern that was modified for this outfit is cute. Maybe? Oh and then there is another version of Vogue 1312 that I would like to make.

That will make nine projects in total that I need to clear off my sewing table before I can think of anything else.

I wonder if I can get these done by the end of the year?

Anyway, that is all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!











2 comments:

  1. Ah man, I was so excited that Ikea was coming to Winnipeg. And then I moved to the other end of the country, where the fabric options is crap. :( Guess I'll need to bring an empty suitcase whenever I come back home. lol

    I love that long skirt! Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how it turns out too! What a neat re-design using an apron pattern. I'm thinking about using a plaid too.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...