Tuesday 16 October 2012

Advance 8436: Almost done!

A bit more work on the shirtwaist dress to show 'n tell. Letting out the tucks and sewing 3/8" seams for the skirt worked. I'm extremely pleased with the fit now.

The sleeves sewn at the armhole worked without any major issues. Yippeee!

I shortened the skirt length and hemmed the dress with a narrow hem.

Left to do:

  • Gather the sleeves
  • Sew on the cuffs
  • Sew the buttonholes 
  • Buttons Find the misplaced buttons for this dress
  • Sew on the buttons
These last tasks will have to wait until Thursday evening. The dress is almost done and I can't wait to finish it up! Now, where did I put those buttons?    

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is looking lovely- I really love the pocket shape...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They are cut on the bias. My favorite design feature on the dress.

      Delete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...