|If only I were 5' 7"...|
In this photo I'm trying to shorten the dress because well I'm not as tall as a Vogue model that is getting ready to jump out of the high rise window. Oh Vogue and your silly fashion stylists.
Anyway back to the pattern... I knew I had to shorten the dress but I wasn't all that sure about where to shorten. There are "lengthen or shorten here" tags on two sides of the upper skirt but only one "lengthen or shorten here" tag the lower skirt pieces. Pattern piece don't seem to be matching. I gave up with trying to shorten the the upper skirt portion and only took up the hemline. Guess, I'll see how that works out. My sewing life would be sew much easier if I were a half foot taller.
It all worked out great. I'm happy with the length. The pattern was super easy to put together. I can't stress enough if you want to sew a stress-free invisible zipper invest in basting tape. Greatest invention ever!
|Hemline finished with a roll hem.|
I made the dress in a linen and rayon blend. I normally avoid rayon but this fabric was on sale dirt cheap and I figured why not. I do like the fabric but I do worry about the wrinkle and shrinkage factor.
I did preshrink it, I just hope there are no surprises in the future.
My form is drowning in this dress! Not a size 14 and I didn't pin the back.
Looks like I'm going to have to give it a good pressing before I slip it on.