Sunday, 19 August 2012

Photos in "the dress"... Vogue 1312

Well, you asked for it, you got it.

Here are some photos of the dress, Vogue 1312. I wore it out for my birthday dinner. Do I look fifty? But I digress...

Black is such a tough colour to photograph, but I hope you get a sense of what it looks like.

Since the details of the dress are hard to see I thought I would pose beside the fancy automobile. Don't be impressed, it's not mine.

For those asking about the hem adjustment that I made, I'm hoping that the photos will give you an idea of the length.

Let's get one thing straight, I'm short. I stand five-foot-one, five-foot-two in these shoes.

The skirt has five pattern pieces: skirt front, skirt back, lower side, lower front and lower back. Even though the skirt front and back has markings for lengthening and shortening, I didn't end up modifying these pieces. I almost did, I even got as far as pinning the pattern pieces. But I wasn't certain that it was going to work out.

Sew, I chose to shorten the skirt from the lower side, lower front and lower back pattern pieces. I raised the hemline edge of the pattern up four inches. And it worked for me. I'm quite pleased with the how the skirt pieces fell into place.

It is the only adjustment that I made to the pattern. The next one, yes I plan to make another, I would like to cut the bodice a size smaller. I found that it has quite a bit of ease around the bust.

Now just for laughs...

Let me try to do that Vogue model pose.
Yup, I feel fifty. Someone help me back up!  

16 comments:

  1. Nearly nailed that pose!!! Dress looks fantastic on, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't keep a straight face when trying that Vogue pose. We have to give Vogue patterns credit for making us laugh.

      Delete
  2. I love it on you! I want one. I also love 50 on you- it's very flattering. If thatx what 50 looks like I'll try it in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the "Voguey posing" was just for you, right? I took it as a challenge. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, and it is so comfortable too.

      Delete
  4. Nice photo session ! Love your dress. Seems you had a great time, being fifty suits you very well !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!!! I have been admiring this pattern...NICE CAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is a fun pattern. The car, it is a nice prop, eh? I didn't have a window ledge to climb up onto. The car worked as a backup.

      Delete
  6. This looks beautiful on you and you look fabulous at 50!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAHHH it's awesome! You look smashing in that dress, and your accessories are perfect! Happy birthday indeed. :)

    Your pose is extra perfect. It totally made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look MARVELOUS! I love that you copied the Vogue model's pose - you totally rocked it! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Love the dress, and you've got the model's pose down :)

    -Sara, Road to the Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great on you and I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did the pose! Yay! You look absolutely beautiful in this dress. Great job. Love the shoes and necklace too. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...