Tuesday 5 June 2012

McCall's 6554


Just a quick photo, McCall's 6554. I love this pattern. It is one of four designs released from the "reality" television show Fashion Star. 


I'm not a huge fan of the show but I am a huge fan of this pattern.

The fit is perfect. I really like the pleat in the front skirt, it has a retro vibe to it that reminds me of the pleat in the Vintage dress, Vogue 9229. I adore the squared neckline. And the pockets were perfectly placed. Standing only five-one, I typically have to adjust the pocket placement but not this time. I couldn't have asked for a better pattern.

I think I might actually wear it to work tomorrow.  



3 comments:

  1. OOH- I like, I like! That is a very pretty floral. I'm writing that pattern number down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote down the pattern number too! Your version is just too pretty. I think it would be flattering on a wide range of people.

    Is Fashion Star really that awful? I saw a few minutes and it looked horrible, but I figured I just caught a bad moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I will admit to watching it even though it wasn't on my must-see list.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...