Monday 23 April 2012

New Skirt!

This is my new skirt. 

It is Burda Style 7215 and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.  

I did play around with the pattern when I was cutting it out. I repositioned the front and back pattern pieces so that I eliminated the back slit and added some width to the hemline. It was based on my fear that it would be too fitted but my fear was silly. This pattern is wonderful!  

The pattern is for a semi-fitted skirt and I really did not need to tweak it. 

I really like how the gathers fall below the waist line on this high waisted skirt. The yoke is perfect to showcase a belt. The skirt pattern has pieces for belt loops and and tie belt which I didn't make.  

I made it in a light-weight striped denim and it is a perfect summer skirt.   

And I already have plans for the next one that I want to make.  I'm thinking about using a striped silk that I've been holding on for some time now.

I think I'll make the waistband a size smaller though.   






1 comment:

  1. Oh, very pretty. I love the style of it, I'm not sure if I've seen something like it before. The addition of the belt is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...