Wednesday 4 April 2012

In sewing news today...

I went into the fabric store and did not come out with any fabric. Seriously, I'm not kidding.

I will admit that I did wander out of my way towards the discounted fabric section to check out if the raw silk went down in price. Only only one bolt of bright pink fell to 70% off. Luckily, pink is not my favourite colour so I was able to find my way out of the fabric section without being tempted. That was a close call.

Walking out of the fabric store without any fabric is huge for me. And this is all that I walk out with.






















Exactly what I went into the store to get, thread for the serger. This thread is to match the fabric my niece picked out for her graduation party dress. And that was it, just thread. I'm so sew proud of myself.

Just saying.

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I've walked out without fabric, but never ONLY with what I came in for. (Stocked up epically on zippers, thread, and lace that one time instead). :D

    You're getting me so excited about this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I owe my success to walking in the store close to closing time ;-) it certainly helped!

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...