Sunday 22 January 2012

Vogue 8748

Vogue 8748, the kAtheRine Tilton Shirt, is finished.

I have to say, I do like this addition to my wardrobe. I know that the print limits me as to where I can wear it but I do think it is a fun print.








What I love about this shirt:

1.  The ultimate in comfort!
2.  The topstitching detail.
3.  Version A's knotted collar detail
4.  Super easy to sew.  This is a great pattern for beginners who want to practice top-stitching.
5.  The retro inspired comic strip print, it is all about sewing!




5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! The shape is so fun and the fabric enviable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love it! The print is so much fun, and there's such interesting details in the top, but not too much to take away from the print. Does that make sense? The knotted collar is really interesting. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I found the fabric at Fabricland, the Pembina Hwy location in the quilting fabric section. They also have the same print in in black and white. I didn't see the black and white version until a few weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this-I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...