Sunday 8 January 2012

In sewing news today...

Back to work

I'll be heading back to work in the morning. Yes, Christmas break is over and I didn't even get the muslin cut for my niece's grad dress. I don't know where the time went! Or my sewing mojo. I've got to get my game back on track, stat.

But the downtime from sewing gave me an opportunity to de-clutter and organize. I finally let go of university papers that I have held onto for way too long and made some room for my collection of sewing patterns in the filing cabinet.

In the process of downsizing my paper collection, I found a few treasures along the way. Like this 1955 Singer Sewing Skills Reference Book! It really is a treasure. I promise that I will share some of the sewing lessons found in this fifty-six page book.








I also rediscovered the 1991 Great Sewn Clothes from Threads Magazine that I had packed away.

I'm going to enjoy rediscovering the wisdom found between these book covers. Maybe these might help me get my sewing mojo back.

Putting together the pieces!


I've made some progress on my first quilted blanket.

I've managed to gather a pile of squares with Mama R's help and I've already started sewing a few squares.

If I manage to sew a few a day I'm sure I'll end up with a blanket in no time.

So far I'm happy with the progress and am still inspired by the project. I haven't decided what charity will receive the blankets but I'm certainly open to suggestions.  There certainly is lots of time to make that decision.

Anyway, that is all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!










1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I'm back to work today too....where did the time go??

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...