Tuesday 1 November 2011

One of these things is not like the others!

Earlier this month, despite declining the generous offer, someone gave me a serger. I blogged about it here, it was a very sweet gesture but I don't have a home for this item.

It has been sitting on the basement couch until I could figure out what to do with it.

And last night the phone rang with the answer, I'm going to donate it!  Big Brothers Big Sisters is a charity that does some awesome work in the city. And their pick up truck will be in the neighbourhood in the morning.

They pick up clothing and small appliances and they said they are willing to pick up a tiny serger. I know that they sell most of their items with partnership with Value Village. But wouldn't it be wonderful if it found a home with a young person who was interested in sewing?

One of these things is not like the others. 
I had to check that it's in working order. Oh my goodness, is it ever too cute and it really is tiny!  I can lift it with my baby finger, I kid you not!

And it works! Not as well as my Janome or Baby Lock but it would be a sweet starter machine for someone who might like to dabble in some sewing or mending.

Now that it is going to benefit an awesome charity, I hope it finds a good home with someone that will get some good use from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...