Wednesday 20 July 2011

Are you excited about the upcoming Project Runway season?

{source}
*** Spoiler alert if you haven't yet seen Season 8 ***

So eight days before the season 9 premiere of Project Runway. Are you excited about the upcoming Project Runway season?

I'm kind of on the fence about this one. The last season left a bad taste and I'm not quite over it.

I'm still shocked that Gretchen won over Mondo on season 8 and I really don't know if I'm up for another season with Michael Kors.

The way that Michael Kors arrogantly dismissed Jessica Simpon's concerns over Gretchen's final collection... yikes.



"Project Runway should have a perfume. A mixture of fear, sweat and Chinese food." 
~Chris March, Season 4 Contestant. 



Instead of a new group of contestants, I think the show needs to put some new blood in the judge's chairs.

But I do love Tim Gunn, what a class act. I enjoy Mr. Gunn's advice to the designers even if I don't agree 100% with the advice he gives. I appreciate his perspective and how respectful he is towards the designers and their creative process.



Oh all this talk about Project Runway, I feel kind of dirty acknowledging that I watch reality television. Or maybe it is the Project Runway poster of the host Heidi Klum? Okay we get it... the host is a former Sportswear Illustrated model but isn't the show about designing clothes and how bitchy Kors can get?

Despite the cattiness that Kors brings to the show you do have to appreciate the comedy of it all. Who doesn't love the one liners that the designers come up with and memorable quotes? Season one to four quotes can be found here. There are some good ones!

And I can't wait to see what MadTV does with the Klum pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...