Sunday 1 May 2011

Finished!

Here is a picture of the finished dress, Vogue pattern 1234.


It might look a little odd on the dress form but it really is a comfortable, figure-flattering dress.

Bust and waist darts add shape to the bodice of the dress and the panels drape nicely over the hip.  The dress has self-lined cap sleeves.  I am petite in height and found that I did have to cut 10 inches off the bottom hem, regardless it did not interfere with the fit and draping.

If your sewing machine has knit stitch it will make the overall construction of this project easier to put together.





Rating:


I rate this pattern three spools out of three because it was fun to make!  It took time to prep the pattern pieces so that you knew which corners will match up where but the extra work was well work it.  The pieces fell together like magic.  Personally, for myself I would adjust the armhole so that it wouldn't be so long.  I would for sure recommend the pattern and look forward to sewing this dress again... I think next time in a solid colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...